1/35 3.7Cm Flak 37 (Smart Kit) By Dragon Kits
- Newly produced ammunition box
- 5-directional slide-molded one-piece gun barrel w/hollow muzzle
- 3.7cm Flak 37 realistically presented
- Gun with/without gun shield can be assembled
- Cannon can be freely posed at different angles
- Travel lock realistically presented
- Option for opened or folded gun shield
- Gun shield w/bolt detail in scale thickness
- Gun sight and hand wheels w/well-defined detail
- Gun cradle offers great detail definition
- Triangular base-plate gun platform authentically detailed
- 5 boxes of realistically reproduced 3.7 cm ammunition included
Rheinmetall developed its 3.7cm Flak 18 anti-aircraft cannon in 1935, although only a small number were produced. However, development continued in the guise of the 3.7cm Flak 36, and when a new Zeiss sighting system (Flakvisier) was incorporated the following year, it ultimately became known as the 3.7cm Flak 37. By the time production drew down in 1944, a total of 1178 Flak 37 cannons had been manufactured. For transport the 1544kg cannon was usually mounted on a two-wheel trailer and the whole combination weighed a total of 2400kg. The weapon could traverse 360 degrees and its theoretical rate of fire was 820m/s. Normally a crew of eight men would service each weapon, with a ceiling altitude of 4800m possible.
The same Flak 37 weapon was mounted on the Sd.Kfz.7/2 armored halftrack. Now, however, Dragon is offering a standalone kit of the antiaircraft cannon. Usefully, the kit can be built according to two options – either with or without the gun shield. Even more than that, if the gun shield is installed, it can be depicted fully extended or folded. It may be a small kit, but it is full of detail. Take the one-piece gun barrel, for example. It is made from a sophisticated five-directional slide mold in order to present an accurate replica with a hollow muzzle. Modelers can pose the gun in various elevations or degrees of traverse. It also comes complete with a set of finely scaled 3.7cm ammunition rounds to help create an authentic scene. This carefully crafted cannon is ready for immediate emplacement in a modeler’s diorama!